If you're interested on serving on any of these committees, or would like more information about them, please contact us.
Community Investment Team
The Community Investment Teams meet each year to help the Board of Directors decide how to invest United Way's funds in member agency programs. Responsibilties include:
- Receiving training on United Way community investment strategy, application process, communithy priorities, and community needs.
- Reviewing applications for funding and preparing questions for the interview time.
- Attending and participating in the Agency Interview meetings.
- Deliberating with fellow team members to recommend funding for each member agency in the impact area.
Community Solutions Team
The Community Solutions Teams which generally meet in one of two groups: Programs serving Families, Youth , and Children, and Programs serving People in Need, Seniors and the Disabled. Groups meet at least once a year and may meet more often based on agenda items. These groups include a wide cross-section of public, private, educational, and nonprofit staff and volunteers.
- Review community data and demographics for trends and emerging needs.
- Discuss current gaps in service of community programs.
- Explore solutions to unmet community needs
- Learn about opportunities for grants, collaborations, and new programs.
- Join together in task forces, initiatives, or cooperative projects.
- Network with other programs serving the same target population.
The Golf Committee 's responsibilities include:
- Planning the annual Golf Scramble.
- Recruiting golfers for the event.
- Soliciting donations for prizes for the event.
- Planning the food, prizes, advertising, and awards.
- Recruiting volunteers to help the day of the event.
The Campaign Committee is responsible for:
- Developing fundraising campaign themes, messaging, and materials for our United Way.
- Planning campaign events and hosting them.
- Working with campaign volunteers and staff to execute a successful fundraising campaign.